7 Summer Medicinal Herbs, Remedies, and their Uses
Summer is finally here and, with that, comes bug bites, the common cold, sunburns, cuts, scrapes, and wounds. We have put together a list of 7 herbs, remedies, and uses that were created and made with the summer season in mind.
Below are the top 7 herbs for summer and their traditional and historical uses:
1. Aloe - Commonly used externally to treat minor burns, sunburns, cuts, scrapes, wounds & poison ivy. This product can also used for acne conditions, skin conditions, and heart burn relief.
2. Calendula - Used externally to treat slow healing wounds, sun burns, and bug bites. This is a staple in an Herbalists medicine chest. This flower can be a great addition to your nightly tea and can also aid in stomach issues. This herb is powerful and can be used to draw forth an honest lover and diffuse negative energy.
3. Peppermint leaf - Common digestive aid and for use with the common cold. It is known to clear the sinus, relieve nausea and settle the stomach. It is a powerful, leafy herb that is used in purification rituals and is a regular ingredient in prosperity, abundance and other rituals focused on financial gain.
4. Cherry Bark - Common for use in cough syrups, to treat respiratory conditions and a sore throat, and can be used topically for skin conditions such as Eczema. It is also known for its expectorant and mucous clearing properties.
5. Beeswax Pastules - Commonly used in balms as a natural healer, used topically for minor skin abrasions, bug bites, and burns. It can be melted and mixed with essential oils or used in salves, creams, and lotions. You can also use this in a "Do-it-yourself" apothecary item.
6. Echinacea - This is "The Cure All" herb and is popular for treating colds and the flu. It acts as an immune booster, respiratory aid and detoxifier. This can be worn as a protection charm, planted or placed around your home and is an appropriate offering for most gods and goddesses.
We hope that this has helped with building your medicinal arsinal. Every herb has multiple uses and our products are all natural to help alleviate any worry. Our dream is that you can go enjoy your summer and know that you are safe and protected with Tamed Wild products.